Okay so some serious progress with texturing, cameras, materials and the like. The render times are getting silly though. I rendered an overnight job at full quality every 45th frame (not all included due to Tumblr limit).
- The big TV screen is going to have some pre-rendered animation on via animated texture
- There are one or two intersecting wires which need cleaning up.
- The Green Goo and bubbles I’m going to introduce some colour difference based on camera facing normal if I can. Maybe up their emission in lumen.
This is the longest continuous, and most complex shot. Other shots include.
- Some initial close-up fly bys of machinery and screens, finally doing full reveal of machine in frame. Lots of small bitty shots which will need compositing.
- The green lights change to red
- After this long shot one quick look at some screens.
- Some shots of the red lights switching back to green.
- Walk up, stairs, camera using walking bob animation for first person feel. To reveal cute frank inside.
- Meep Shot.
Sounds like loads but its mostly camera animation so no biggie there. The only thing that worries me are my render times are silly numbers. Which means I might need to postpone the final render to when I’m back at work and can leave my computer running a 30+ render.
Please comment below or tweet @EvilKimau for your thoughts if you have any.
Good to be making progress :)